Fully winterized cottage one hour from Ottawa. Close to snowmobile trails.
Enjoy a little piece of paradise -- any time of year -- on a small lake, just north of Shawville, Quebec. Fall asleep under the stars and wake to the sound of the loons.
Excellent swimming and fishing. Two kayaks and pedal boat.
Bunk house is available for extra sleeping quarters (not in winter).
Activities nearby include golf, whitewater rafting, ziplining, hiking, cycling on a former railway bed.
Interaksi dengan tetamu
You will have complete privacy, but I am easily reachable by cell phone, either call or text, if you have any questions or concerns during your stay.
- Please leave cottage as you found it.
- No smoking. If you must smoke outside, please clean up butts. Throwing them in the firepit doesn't count.
- Not suitable for large gatherings, parties
- Please keep noise down to a respectable level for neigbhouring cottages. Sound travels on a lake!
- Linens and towels are available for use, but we ask that you wash and dry them before you leave.
- Return things to where you found them.
- Wash and dry dishes
- Put boats, etc back on land, upside down
- Please take garbage and recycling with you upon departure. Landfill transfer station is a few minutes drive away.
My husband and I bought a cottage before we bought a house. Kind of like eating dessert first. Because life is short. We made this rash decision to buy this place nearly 20 years ago on the hottest day of the summer that year ... when I was swimming in the lake and he was boating next to me. Because life couldn't get any better than that, we figured. A couple of decades later, we're in the city with a couple of kids. But this place is still our piece of paradise. Although we have rented to friends and acquaintances for several years, we are new to Airbnb. We hope it will allow us to do some more travelling ourselves.