Dear Miss Mary,
Thank you very much for leaving a review. Please allow me to answer every point of your review here:
(1) Firstly, we have carried out maintenance works of the unit prior to your stay due to water leaking from the outside at the shower area and the shower drainage being clogged and not able to accommodate the amount of water coming from the leaks during heavy rains. We have communicated this to Airbnb and these have well been resolved prior to your stay.
(2) Prior to your stay, Ate Gina has noticed moisture in the kitchen walls near the window. There were no visible signs of water leaks though. On the date of your check-in, it was very unfortunate that leaks were observed, and the drops had a bad smell. As explained by Ate Gina and me, the bad odor that you might have smelled came from this and for this, we sincerely apologized and are still sincerely apologizing. We have already fixed this issue at this specific time that I am writing a response to your review. This is documented by Airbnb as well.
(3) All linens have been washed and dried properly and were freshly collected from the laundry shop. According to Ate Gina, she did not observe a bad smell coming from the linens (this after you have asked her to smell) but she offered to replace the linens with new ones. You've declined.
(4) Regarding the tv, Ate Gina did not come back to fix the tv because you have informed her that it worked and that you were already using it.
(5) Regarding the wifi, it is the first time I have received a complaint about the wifi connection (8 mbps) in the unit. I did receive complaints before (was more than a year ago) as we used to just have 2 mbps wifi speed. I understand you are from the USA, and this may be the reason why you are complaining about the slow internet connection in the Philippines. Please note that when you booked the place, I have clearly informed you that we have an 8 mbps internet connection in the unit.
(6) Regarding the water in the shower room, Ate Gina notes that the shower was dry when she checked on you in the morning. You have probably misunderstood Ate Gina, but she was trying to explain that the plumber has already fixed this issue at the time of your check-in (see item 1 above).
(7) Regarding the refund - I have requested you to cancel so that the refund transactions could have been officially through Airbnb but you did not want to cancel. I have offered to send you the money via a bank transfer thru BDO or via Western Union - you have declined as you are not aware of how Western Union works. You have requested transfer thru your bank in the US. Please note that I have done the transfer. I will communicate to you in a separate email about this.
Please rest assured we are doing everything to maintain the place. We are deeply sorry that item (2) happened during your stay - there were continuous heavy rains prior to your stay.