The historic village of Edwinstowe lies in the heart of Sherwood Forest. The house is situated in a quiet cul de sac, just a few minutes walk from shops, restaurants, pubs, take-aways and close to attractions including Clumber Park, Sherwood Pines, Rufford Abbey, Newstead Abbey and Creswell Crags. There are numerous walks and cycle routes. Other nearby activities include 'Go Ape', go carting, an indoor swimming pool and gym, a spa, golf course, farm, adventure park, horse riding and more...
The house is modern, spacious and comfortable. It is set up as our home in the UK so we hope it has everything you would need for your stay.
The ground floor of the house comprises an open plan kitchen dining room with a snug which has a reclining corner sofa, reclining arm chair, TV (freeview) and mini stereo system (radio, CD, lead to connect ipod etc. and cassettes, if anyone still has them!). The kitchen is well-equipped including a gas hob, electric fan oven, American-style fridge freezer (no longer the one in the picture as that has broken), microwave, dishwasher, washing machine and tumble dryer. For those who like their coffee (like us) we have a cafetiere (Bodum) and a filter jug. There is a ground floor cloakroom with toilet and wash basin.
On the first floor there is a spacious living room with 2 sofas and 2 chairs, a TV (freeview and freesat), DVD/Blu-Ray player, and a hifi system (CD, Amplifier and Radio Tuner). There are some DVDs and CDs in the house for you to enjoy. The master bedroom has a TV and DVD and an en suite shower room with shower, toilet and wash basin.
On the second floor there are two double bedrooms (one is especially large and would easily have room for a travel cot also) and a family bathroom with a shower over the bath.
The garden has astro-turf and a table and chairs for outdoor eating.
There is a lockable garage where bikes can be stored if arranged prior to your stay.
Interaksi dengan tetamu
We do not live in the property, we use it as a holiday home. Two of our neighbours (opposite) look after the house and guests for us.
Perkara lain untuk Diketahui
The house has central heating with constant hot water supplied by a combi-boiler. The house has wifi.
- No noise after 10pm in the garden
- Respect the neighbours, who live there all year
- Check in time may be flexible, dependent on previous booking
- Bikes may be stored in garage if requested prior to stay
- Well-behaved dogs considered by prior arrangement
- We do not charge a cleaning fee. This is our home in the UK and we therefore expect you to leave the house clean and tidy ready for the next guests (bedding and towels will be provided, washed and beds remade by us)
- £50 will be requested from the security deposit if the house is not left clean and tidy - cleaning equipment and cleaning products are provided in the house
- Leave by 11am on day of departure
Semi-retired in south west France. I originally worked in education in the UK, a teacher and then an adviser. I now work a little as a musician in France (play piano - mainly classical) and enjoy the relaxed French way of life. We also have a house in Edwinstowe in the UK which I recently inherited from my parents. We use it as a holiday home and started to advertise for holiday lets in May 2017.