As you know, it was a sad time for my family when our beloved pet Clevo passed away unexpectedly during your stay. Clevo had regular check-ups from our vet, which included the full course of vaccinations, and regular flea and tick prevention medication. He also had regular home treatments with anti-flea shampoo and powder. Our vet inspected him after he passed, and confirmed that he was in excellent health, but had sadly been poisoned, which unfortunately happens too often to pet dogs in Indonesia.
I hope you can understand that any household would be emotional when a pet is taken from them in such tragic circumstances.
However I would like to explain that I was not being defensive when asking for details of the problems you were experiencing. On the contrary, I take such matters very seriously and merely wanted to establish the exact nature of the problem and what areas of the house it was affecting. With specific information about what insects you had seen, it would have been easier for my family and I to quickly resolve any issue, but in the end no evidence was found to assist in the matter, and none of the other guests at the time reported any similar problems.
Also, I’m sorry if you felt there was a communication problem with me during this episode. Please note that although I was the primary contact for you during this time, I was acting on feedback from all my family members managing the property, which was that neither fleas, nor any other biting insects could not be found in your bedroom, or in the common living areas.
In the design of our home, including the garden, room terrace and outdoor bathroom, we have created a wonderfully lush and green environment, which we are proud of, but of course having nature so close does mean there will be the occasional unwanted visitor of the insect kind. Bug repellent is available for guests to use, but so far this has not been often required.
I have also had no other guests report any cleanliness issues, but we will review our cleaning schedule in light of your comments here.
It was true that for one night the new puppy was noisy, as she got used to her new home, and we did temporarily relocate her to my parents neighbouring house following your complaint. The puppy is now settled no longer makes excessive noise.
Otherwise, I appreciate your kind comments about my family as hosts and I am glad the house and room lived up to the expectations you had after seeing the photos.