Bed & Breakfast accommodation in the contemporary attic space, of our 1850s rural home. Comfortably sleeps 5 in two adjoining rooms and has en-suite shower facilities.
The shared living room has a wood-stove for those cooler winter evenings. There are also glass doors which open onto our mature Victorian garden. We're 20 minutes drive to Windermere and have off-road parking.
For guests who are unfamiliar with travelling in the UK, please look at our location map carefully and study your travel options before making bookings. We are 20 minutes drive to Windermere.
We are located just outside the village of Natland, a couple of miles South of Kendal.
* The perfect B&B accommodation for families or small groups visiting the Lake District, Yorkshire Dales and the Lancashire borders.
* Our beautiful family home, which we are in the process of refurbishing, is half of a Victorian residence. It has mature gardens (and a bit wild!) and is situated on the outskirts of Kendal, in the village of Natland, Cumbria.
* On the 2nd floor of the house is the newly refurbished Attic space. It has a kingsize room which sleeps 2 and ensuite shower room. There is also an adjoining room with 3 single beds.
* Our large, underfloor heated open-plan living space also has a wood stove. The space has 5 metres worth of glass doors (the length of the living room!) which open onto the garden..... the perfect spot for bird watching. So far we've identified around 30 species!
* We have WIFI, board games and books for guest use.
** PLEASE NOTE: We are still in the process of renovating the house and gardens. Although safe, not every space in the house is finished (e.g. paintwork on outside, bare plaster walls inside).
* We hope our prices reflect this ongoing refurbishment and we're sure it will not interfere with your stay or enjoyment of the house in general.
* If the unfinished nature of the house doesn't put you off, you'll have a very warm welcome!
* You will have use of the whole of the Attic space which includes your own private (ensuite) shower room.
* The shower room (there is no bath) has underfloor heating and heated towel rail. There are towels, shower gel, shampoo, hair conditioner and hair dryer available for guest use. We also keep emergency toothbrushes!
** PLEASE NOTE: the shower/toilet room is only accessible via the kingsize bedroom. Please take a look at the floor plans in the photo section.
* Breakfast is included and generally consists of: hot drinks, cereals, bread (usually home made), jams and preserves, etc.
* A cooked breakfast or packed lunch can often be arranged in advance for an additional fee. Please let us know if you would like this option so that we can shop accordingly.
* Although the kitchen/living room is an open space, we don't currently offer general use of the kitchen/cooking facilities.
* We are a B&B but you're welcome to bring an evening take-away to eat here or ready-meals to heat in the microwave. You can also use our crockery and cutlery.
* BBQ facilities are available, with prior arrangement, through Spring and Summer.
Interaksi dengan tetamu
* We are very happy to leave you to your own thoughts or for you to share our company. It's your stay so it's up to you.
* We work from home and also home educate, so there's always someone busy around the house.
* Please bear in mind you will be sharing the living room with us. If its peace and quiet you're after, the attic is the perfect retreat.
* We also speak fluent Spanish.
Perkara lain untuk Diketahui
* We are very friendly, flexible and adaptable. So please ask if there's anything you need or if you require any special arrangements such as dietary requirements... that kind of thing. We'll do our best to accommodate.
* We are a non-smoking and no-pet family home and garden. So please, no smoking or pets.
* Please keep noise levels low 10.30pm-8.30am.
* Please note we offer Bed & Breakfast accommodation only and do not have self-catering facilities.
* All we ask of our guests is they care for our house and be respectful and considerate.
We are an easy going family of 3. Mum (from Mallorca), dad (from Kendal) and daughter (born here but quite Spanish at heart).
We love our house and having people in it!
Other things we love:
baking bread... then eating it
dancing (except dad of course)
popcorn... with or without movie
generally making stuff