This chalet is nestled in the Swiss Alps, near a ski resort and surrounded by mountain trails. If you're looking for a hostel with a community and a gateway to the outdoors Chalet Martin is the place for you. Meet people, enjoy your free time away from the cities but close enough to be a convenient weekend trip. The ambiance of the chalet is like a home, with communal areas to relax or meet people. This place is good for couples, solo adventurers, families (with kids), and big groups.
The chalet is in an amazing location above the village of Gryon. We are a bit off the beaten path (although this is a path to our front door!) and we have stunning views to prove it. The chalet is an old building with a lot of charm and a few modern features. We do share the chalet with our guests so it has quite a family community.
There are many communal areas to meet people or just relax on your own. Some room have a balcony, while others have stunning mountain or hillside views from the windows.
Within the chalet you'll find a large lounge/living room with comfortable seating space and plenty of room to relax with old or new friends. We also have multiple dining areas, giving you the option to eat in large groups or in more intimate settings. Our kitchen boasts multiple stoves, a plethora of cookware and ovens for your use.
Outside the chalet we have a large terrace with picnic tables, lounge chairs, a pingpong table and a BBQ (available to guests upon request). There is also a fire pit with seating space, surrounded by a grassy lawn and stunning mountain views.
Interaksi dengan tetamu
Our family lives in the chalet with our guests so we are normally around to help and recommend places to visit for shopping, meals, hiking or other exploring. We are also avid skiers, hikers and rock climbers so we're happy to share tips for exploring the areas nearby!
Perkara lain untuk Diketahui
The chalet operates as a hostel with shared and private rooms. This means you will be sharing the communal areas with other people. We are excited to help you get into the nearby mountains by opening our home to you; however, please do not expect hotel service as we are not a full service hotel.
We are friendly and helpful people but we are also raising a family alongside the hostel operations so we are sometimes pressed for time. It is always best to communicate any in-depth questions or requests well in advance so we can be sure to allot the appropriate time to help you enjoy your stay.
- If booking for an event or party please contact us for details.
- Baby beds available on request.
- We like the chalet quiet after 11pm but there is outside space and other nighttime options nearby for anyone wishing to enjoy an evening.
- We don't provide Breakfast but as listed you may use the wonderful kitchen with space to store your own food in refrigerators and plenty of cooking space/cookware.
- It is a hostel, so there will be other guest but all are friendly.
- We don't have any parking at the chalet but there are places in the village just 5 minutes walk.
- Chalet Martin is up a drive up some stairs, and we are very much in the mountains. Be careful if following computerized maps as it can take you a strange way. Message us in advance if you have any questions or call if you do get lost.
- As well as being a hostel it is also our family home where we also live with our children so we ask that people are respectful of us and them in regard to parties. If you are planning on a group trip please remember this. We are pretty tolerant of general hubbub noise but loud music late into the night is not allowed in the chalet. We are also in a little swiss village so loud noise is not generally tolerated in the village after 9pm.
My wife and I first met in Switzerland doing a Ski season. We fell in love with the area and have been lucky enough to have made a life here. We enjoy sharing the space we have with our guests and watching them enjoy the environment where we live. The Alps is a wonderful place. We Climb, Hike, Ski and spend most of our time outdoors. We love it and I'm sure you will too!