Sunny, studio penthouse in the capital Valletta with great views on two harbours. Designed, furnished & finished to high standards by its owner-architect & photographer partner. Sun terrace, superb location, city-tips and exceptional views!
- Built in the early 1700s and renovated in 2013, this studio penthouse is located on the third floor, and enjoys views of two harbours.
- Highly finished, independent, in-room stocked minibar, ILLY coffee machine and tea making facilities.
- Sleeps 2 guests.
- Located on the main shopping street of the capital.
- Enjoys sunny sea & historical views from every window.
- South-facing shared terraces ideal for sunbathing / evening chill-out.
- Minutes walk away from cafes, two beaches, restaurants, museums, theatres, shopping and the main bus terminus.
- Adjacent to the city's ring road: easy parking.
- Accommodation includes: designer double-bed, VITRA furniture, FLOS lighting, lounge/TV area, desk, walk-in wardrobe, shower room.
- Contemporary finishes include: traditional patterned tiles, smooth cement plastering, black-out curtains and a number of art pieces curated by a local gallery.
- Free WIFI, cable TV, a good sound system with iPod dock, hairdryer, magazines, books, DVDs.
- Electric winch to haul up/down your luggage.
Please keep the volume down, and the windows closed when you are out...and with the rest we are pretty flexible!
VALLETTA VINTAGE is a collection of vintage and contemporary finds – properties & contents – curated by it’s owner-architect and his partner to offer an alternative to mainstream holiday accommodation. Their love with art & design, coupled with their belief that good architecture can bring inner peace and solace, have led to this aspiration become a reality.
Established in 2012 by Chris Briffa, the collection grew from one small apartment to five, each housed in buildings older than a hundred years and spread around the city of Valletta and its harbour. The architect renovated the spaces with his renowned, elegant approach; subtly integrating the traditional with the contemporary.
Together with his wife Hanna, Chris furnished their self-catering studios with a mix of designer, bespoke & vintage pieces: sourced from shops, workshops and markets. Very much like an extension of their own home, each unit is equipped with all modern commodities & comforts, clever details and a growing collection of local, contemporary artwork. Emily recently joined the project, and assists the couple in providing a warm welcome for each of their guests.
While each studio is different from the other, they are all conceived around a common concept: a commitment to provide a memorable and truly local experience.
We believe that the best and most authentic travel experiences are about meeting the locals, spending some time with them, and living in their homes and by their ways. This is why we love AIRBNB; both as hosts and as guests..